Sunday, May 9, 2010

in which I preemptively miss my mother

Lots of girls say that their mother is their best friend.  I know, I've heard them.  Well, my mother actually IS my best friend.  She taught me how to play the piano, mouthed the words to the song that I could not remember at my very first voice recital, and waltzed with me in a doctor's office, when the waiting was driving me mad.  She teaches me to do all of the little things in the kitchen I never learned because I'd always scoffed at her, and she only gloats a little bit.  She's my bad chick flick buddy, my museum companion, and my British murder mystery friend.  She geeks out with me about the latest episode of Castle.

Today we are going to take a walk and see Babies, which seems to me to be fine Mother's Day occupations.

She is my best friend, and I'm going to miss her so, SO much.

No comments:

Post a Comment