Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Post-Turkey Stupid Disorder
I think the turkey broke my brain. I'm completely serious. It's as if I went to North Carolina a reasonably intelligent person able to walk and talk and feed herself and have returned with the brain of a sea cucumber. The winter dark has completely baffled my body clock, and it wants to sleep all the time, except for when I want it to, at night. So I've had a 4 am night and a 3 am night this week. The following mornings have been hellish, to say the least.
I am hoping to move up from my current enchinoderm-level to something better fitting of a homo sapien, but it's looking to be a slow process. So far I have forgotten to eat for so long that I only realized it when I tried to determine why I felt so ill not once, but twice. Lists to the rescue!
Nine Activities Which Apparently Amuse A Sea Cucumber
1. Watching Iron Man 2 (Twice. Okay, twice and change--I totally watch the kiss over and over.)
2. Watching movies with Will Arnett in them (unintentionally, both times, but not unhappily)
3. Watching movies featuring ladies wearing aprons and nothing else (this has also happened twice, also unintentionally)
4. Listening to the Tangled soundtrack on repeat.
5. Searching out sweet and sappy videos on youtube.
6. Receiving surprise globes in the mail from awesome folks.
7. Dusting, vacuuming, and mopping at 11 pm.
8. Getting smacked in the face by my dog first thing in the morning (once by her paw, once by her face)
9. Having dreams in which my postman beats people up and then gets a concussion.
Ah, and now it's time to sprinkle some leftover turkey on Vista's dinner and restart the old Tangled soundtrack. Come on, brain. Come back to me.