Wednesday, June 9, 2010

In Which I Covet

So my birthday is rapidly approaching.  I'll be turning 25, which to me marks the frightening change from being in my "early twenties," to "mid twenties," or God forbid, "late twenties."  I don't think I would be nearly as bothered by it--I look considerably younger than I am, and am consistently carded in bars and restaurants, even when my 22-year old brother is not--except that both my roommates are fresh out of college.  I feel like I'm a little late to the game, which in turn makes me feel--appearances aside--old, as if my life is passing me by.  I know of but one sure-fire way to distract myself from this, which is to make long lists of demands--er--gift ideas.

I should state, for the record, that the best gift ever would be if all of my friends and family could somehow find their way here for my birthday.  Or any time, really.  Even Chris, who has the enviable excuse of being in Asia for most of the summer.  But lacking that: presents.

1. Toms.  I have one pair of Toms which I bought just over a year ago, and love them so much that I wear them all the time, and they are beginning to fall apart.  It's heartbreaking, but it means it's time for more!  Here are a few I like: Red Newport Cordones, Orange Tharp Women's Linen Classics (I also like the teal version), and Purple Sumatra Vegan Classics.
2. Nautical Stuff.  I love whales (and Wales) and anything related to the sea, really.  This is a fantastic t-shirt by one of my favourite illustrators, Kate Beaton.  Check out this post on my companion blog for more things, all from Daytrip Society.
3. Polaroid Film.  The last of my polaroid film expired last October (it was from the very last batch polaroid made), but by refrigerating it, I kept it pretty good.  Good enough to get it through to April, anyway, when I finally used it all up.  Fortunately for me, there is The Impossible Project, and thanks to their efforts, there are two different kinds of 600 film available--PX 600 and PX 600 FF.  They're both black and white, but that is so very A-OK with me.

4. Books and Movies and Records, oh my!  Lastly, there's the regulation Amazon wish list.  A couple of Cash and The Who records are on there, as well as some box sets and the best chocolate in the history of mankind.

So there's my greedy little list.  However, the REAL top of the list goes 1. Friends, and then 2. Surprises.  Come visit me, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment