Thursday, June 10, 2010

In Which I Think Happy Thoughts

This is the view from my "desk" in the front window of the shop, and it never fails to make me smile.

There are certain aspects of my work which are endlessly trying.  Aspects which have me wanting to smack my head against the gorgeous maple trestle table I sit at.  So, a few days ago I whipped out my trusty Moleskine and started a list of random things which make me happy.  Over the week it's grown.  This is how it stands now:

Route 11 Pickle Chips
Nerdy podcasts
the Furminator
Stephen Strasburg (the new pitcher for my home team)
Western romances
Documentaries on Netflix
Getting mail
Singing along to Disney songs
Standing in the creek
Naps

It will get longer, don't you fret.  It's a one of a few things that keeps me sane sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE making happy lists. I still have some on napkins from when I was in high school (writing on napkins with bleedy pens is on my list, as is making happy lists in coffee shops with friends). You've inspired me, I think maybe a happy list is just what I need to get me out of this roommate-induced funk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yay for happy lists, boo for uptight roomies.

    ReplyDelete